DIGITAL TREASURES (MINIMAL ADVERTISE PRICE) MAP POLICY
January 1, 2014
In order to preserve its reputation for providing customers with high value products and strong after-sales support, and to further enhance the DIGITAL TREASURES brand image and its competitiveness in the marketplace, DIGITAL TREASURES is unilaterally instituting a policy of minimum advertised price standards for DIGITAL TREASURES products. This Minimum Advertised Pricing Policy (“MAP Policy”) will become effective January 1, 2013 and will apply to distributors and retailers, including catalogs and internet retailers (collectively, “Resellers”), who resell DIGITAL TREASURES products to end users located in the United States and Canada.
DIGITAL TREASURES greatly values the efforts of all Resellers to distribute DIGITAL TREASURES products and support our customers. This MAP Policy is adopted for the benefit of all Resellers and will be uniformly enforced.
This MAP Policy shall work under the following guidelines:
1. DIGITAL TREASURES will, from time to time, publish a Schedule of Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (“MSRP Schedule”) on its internet website, which may be amended or adjusted by DIGITAL TREASURES at any time in its sole discretion. The MSRP Schedule will identify the effective date, the products and the manufacturers suggested retail price (“MRSP”) for those products. Each advertisement of a product identified in the MSRP Schedule more below the MSRP will be a violation of this MAP Policy. DIGITAL TREASURES products not specifically identified in the MSRP Schedule are not subject to this MAP Policy. The initial MSRP Schedule is enclosed.
2. This MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of DIGITAL TREASURES products listed on the MSRP Schedule in any and all media, including, but not limited to, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, e-mail newsletters, e-mail solicitations, internet or similar electronic media, television, radio, and public signage. This MAP Policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in the store and not distributed to any customer(s).
3. The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by DIGITAL TREASURES or another manufacturer) with a product covered by this MAP Policy would be contrary to this MAP Policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered DIGITAL TREASURES product more than 5% below the MSRP.
4. If pricing is displayed, any strike-through or other alteration of the MSRP that is paired with a discount price more that 5% below the MSRP is prohibited.
5. This MAP Policy applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which DIGITAL TREASURES products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within Resellers’ retail location or over the telephone. Resellers remain free to sell these products at any prices they choose under these circumstances.
6. This MAP Policy does not establish maximum advertised prices. All Resellers may offer DIGITAL TREASURES products at any price in excess of the MSRP.
7. Internet auctions may not display or have reserved bid or other acceptable prices more than 5% below the MSRP.
8. Pricing listed on an internet site is considered an “advertised price” and must adhere to this MAP Policy. Once the pricing is associated with an intent to purchase (added to shopping cart or order), the price becomes the selling price and is not bound by this MAP Policy. Statements such as “add to basket to see price”, “we will match any price”, “call for price” or phrases of similar import are acceptable as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not more than 5% below the MSRP. In addition, discounts applied at checkout to the entire order based on a customer’s purchasing history with the Reseller, such as discounts for “frequent shoppers”, do not violate this MAP Policy.
9. This MAP Policy is solely within DIGITAL TREASURES discretion and authority acting through the duly authorized managers of DIGITAL TREASURES. No employee or sales representative of DIGITAL TREASURES has any authority to discuss, modify or grant exceptions to this MAP Policy. Any representation or action by any employee, sales representative or persons not specifically authorized to discuss, modify or grant exceptions to this MAP Policy under this paragraph is unauthorized and invalid. All questions about this MAP Policy should be in writing and directed via U.S. Mail to MAP Policy Administrator, DIGITAL TREASURES 3720 Lapeer Road, Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326 or via e-mail to email@example.com who will respond only in writing. No oral communications about this MAP Policy are authorized. The MAP Policy Administrator shall be solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the policy has occurred, communicating decisions to Resellers regarding the policy and receiving any communications regarding sanctions imposed under this MAP Policy. Any action taken by DIGITAL TREASURES under this MAP Policy shall be without liability to DIGITAL TREASURES.
10. From time to time, DIGITAL TREASURES may choose to offer special promotions on certain products. In such an event, we reserve the right to modify or suspend this MAP Policy in whole or in part by notifying all Resellers of the duration and nature of the change. DIGITAL TREASURES further reserves the right to adjust the MSRP with respect to all or certain products at its sole discretion. Such changes shall apply equally to all Resellers.
11. Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this MAP Policy will result in sanctions unilaterally imposed by DIGITAL TREASURES. The level of sanctions will be determined by DIGITAL TREASURES in its sole discretion and may include indefinite termination of dealership or distributorship. DIGITAL TREASURES does not intend to do business with Resellers who degrade the image of DIGITAL TREASURES and its products. DIGITAL TREASURES need not provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this MAP Policy.
12. Distributors of DIGITAL TREASURES products will supply a copy of this MAP Policy to any new or existing Reseller for their records.
13. The terms of this MAP Policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to other parties.
This MAP Policy has been established by DIGITAL TREASURES to help ensure the legacy of DIGITAL TREASURES as a top producer of high performance, high quality products and to protect the reputation of its name and products. This MAP Policy is also designed to avoid destructive intra-brand conflict and to ensure that dealers and distributors have the incentive to invest resources into services for DIGITAL TREASURES customers.